Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Unhappy Introvert

*Picture is not mine



   Hi, My name is Joni. I am an introvert. First step is admitting I have a problem. DONE! I personally don't find being an introvert as a problem but others do. Ok, the fact that I like being alone ALL of the time might be a problem. I've missed out on a lot because of it but I'd rather be in my room minding my own business than being in other people's face. There's nothing wrong with that. I feel at peace with myself when I am alone. It's something that I desperately need. I'm not necessarily shutting people out. I'm just trying to relax, think, read, learn, and breathe.
   The main person that seems this as a problem doesn't understand it. I just don't feel comfortable around other people. I'm not anti-social. At least, not completely lol. That counts for something, right? I just want to be left alone sometimes. Everybody needs their alone. Why is that so hard to understand? 
   I wouldn't mind being in the company of my son or my Marine sometimes but not all of the time. That's just too much for me. Yes, I miss my Marine so much and I wish I could spend more time with him but not every second of every single day that we have free time. ME TIME is a must, especially when you are a mom. It's stressful and depressing to be around a baby 24/7. You can't even use the bathroom or take a shower alone smh. 
   So is it bad that I've planned out my lonely birthday and a few lonely outings? Yes? Oh well. I don't mind doing things like little outings by myself. That's how I end up meeting people anyways and I do need to make friends down here for those rare times I feel like getting attention. How do you meet people in a new town? 
   

(FYI: I haven't posted in a while, so in the past few months I started dating my best friend (my marine). I'm so happy :-) Oh, and I moved to Clayton, NC so I'm a country girl now. Not really lol. I'll always be the city girl that never really fit in.)


WebRep
Overall rating
This site has no rating
(not enough votes)

No comments:

Post a Comment